Professional Experience Highlights
- Sixteen years in general counsel’s office of three corporations-- eight years as general counsel and senior vice president of Mitsui Real Estate Sales U.S.A., Co. Ltd., three years as associate general counsel of Vidal Sassoon, Inc., and five years as assistant general counsel and corporate secretary of a publicly-held financial services company.
- Six years in private law practice, including three years with the international law firm of Graham & James (now part of Squire, Sanders & Dempsey) in Los Angeles, working with Japanese banking, trading and other companies, and three years establishing and operating the West Coast office of a New York law firm.
- Over 10 years in over 1000 cases as mediator and arbitrator on numerous court-affiliated, bar association, governmental, and private panels and as a mandatory settlement conference officer.
- Instructor in the Certificate Program in Conflict Management and the Use of Alternative Dispute Resolution at University of California, Irvine, Extension.
- Executive director of non-profit Orange County-funded mediation services and training organization.
- California real estate broker for U.S., European and Japanese clients.
- Public speaker on various ADR subjects